Monday, December 16, 2013

Well, would you look at that...10 weeks to go! 

I was asked over the weekend how it's been thus far.  According to D it's simply a matter of memory loss, but I would have to say being older has made it harder on my body.  I do realize I'm still fairly young but my babies were both born by the time I turned 25.  Here I am almost 10 years later.  I feel the difference.

Would I do it again...well, it depends on what you're referencing.  Would I do this journey again with E&G (now having the hindsight)...absolutely I would.  Would I ever consider being a surrogate again in the future, at this point my answer would be no.  I feel like there's a new journey of a different kind waiting for me.  I have more to give but I feel pulled in a different direction.  Part of me feels like maybe it's a career shift but who knows.  Patience, prayer and an open heart will make it clearer when the time comes. 

However, if I've learned anything these past 5 years, it's that these are not my plans I'm living.  Haven't you ever heard the saying...

 
If you would've told me 5 years ago I was going to carry a complete stranger's baby someday I probably would've thought you were out of your ever lovin' mind but here we are.  It hasn't been an easy road, but letting go of control and trusting He will give me strength is the key.  I'm not claiming to be great at it but I know when I do let go, He always takes care of things and puts me right where I need to be.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what the next years hold for you as you follow His lead. I'm proud to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete