Tuesday, March 4, 2014

41 Weeks

Yep, still here and still pregnant...41 weeks to be exact.

Friday I had a non-stress test that basically just told us Graham is doing well and no need to worry about his late arrival.  He's hanging out and having a good time I guess.

Yesterday I went back for another non-stress test and same story.  Only this time we also visited with my doctor.  My zero dilation had turned to a whopping 1.  Not real great progress but at least something to show the doc I was headed in the right direction.  He asked if I wanted to induce or wait it out.  Of course I chose induction.  I'm ready.  The hubs is ready.  E&G are most definitely ready.  It's time to get this show on the road.  It's time for us to have a birthday celebration!!!   So he made the arrangements for me to arrive at the hospital tonight to insert a pill to soften the cervix.  Then I am to rest until the morning which is when they will start the Pitocin.

Except if you've followed this story thus far you know that Graham doesn't like to go by the play book.  He always likes to mix things up a bit.  Around midnight last night I was starting labor on my own.  The contractions were about every 7 minutes and painful.  Not so much I couldn't breathe through them but they were definitely the "real deal".  So I sent the hubs after his mom to watch our sleeping children.  When they arrived back at the house we packed up and headed to the hospital.  I was checked and still at a 1.  They did several hours of monitoring and my dilation didn't change so around 8 am they sent us back home and said to come back at scheduled induction time tonight.  So that is where we're at.  I'm at home, contracting, uncomfortable at times, but managing to squeeze in sleep, shower and some last minute chores. 

I hope to be posting a birth story next time I log in.  Until then, a big thank you to everyone for all the wonderful wishes and prayers.  God has truly blessed our family to allow us this journey with Graham and all of his family.  We're completely overwhelmed by the kindness they have showered us with and a simple thank you just doesn't quite express our gratitude enough.  You've opened your family and your hearts to us and we are eternally grateful.  We are forever changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment