Tuesday, January 21, 2014

35 Weeks

 
This is what it looks like when Graham gets pushy.  I believe that's his bum pushing out on the left side.  With not a lot of room left in there his movements leave my belly looking all sorts of distorted.
 
Today is my 35 week checkup and I hope to talk induction.  It won't happen until 39 weeks but if we could start looking ahead at a date that would be awesome!  Of course if my water breaks before that it's game on as they won't be stopping labor at this point.  From what I've been reading, Graham is fully developed.  The final month is primarily used for additional weight gain. 

It's also hospital pre-registration day! 

* UPDATE *

Just made it back from the doctor's office.  Dr thinks Graham's head is down still but isn't certain.  His heartbeat was 136 this week.  As babies grow in the womb, their heartbeats begin to settle into a slower pace. 

I go back in 2 weeks and he will do the group strep test, sonogram for baby's position (if necessary) and check for any dilation.  If he finds I'm dilating he will schedule a date for a 39 week induction.  If no dilation, I will see him again in a week and he'll check again.  As far as my water not breaking on its own in my previous pregnancies, well that has zero relevancy on this one.  He said each one is completely new and different and what has happened in the past pretty much means a whole lot of nothing. 

And last but not least the depressing part.  My weight is up to 170lbs.  I've hit the total "recommended pregnancy weight gain" at 35 weeks.  I think I may be on the road to becoming an emotional eater...I comforted myself by eating a donut stick once I left the doctor's office. Super counterproductive, Jen.


1 comment:

  1. hahahaha! Eat up, girl! Soon enough the excuse will be gone. Enjoy it while you can! Love the lopsided belly. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete