Monday, April 20, 2015

Habitat Saturday!



Saturday I spent my morning with my fellow Sunshine workers at the local Habitat house.  We managed to paint (second coat) this house in about an hour.  All hands on deck makes for serious progress.  It's a good thing too because 2 hours into our day the weather went sour and it began POURING down on us.  Fortunately we were able to move our crew inside.



It's a common misconception that Habitat houses are free to the owners but that's not how it works at all.  Recipients are required to come up with a down payment, put in so many sweat equity hours and they have a mortgage to pay just like me & you.  It's really a great program and I've enjoyed watching this project progress.

 Last time I was here we installed insulation and it was COLD out.  It was neat to see finished walls, tiled flooring and a front porch!  I was also able to meet and work right alongside the recipient of this very house.  I pray great things to come for her and her children.  Here's a little pic from the first time I was here with my sisters. ------------------------->

No comments:

Post a Comment