Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Wiping Off The Dust

WOW! It's been an entire year since I've posted on what once was a weekly, sometimes daily, life journal.  I couldn't even recall the password!  I was locked out of my own account.

So here I am, back at it.  I'm hoping to be a little more disciplined from here on out.  So much has changed, yet so much has stayed the same.  Post surrogacy life was quite a change for me in the beginning.  Who was I?  For so long, I had been "a surrogate" and right along with wife and mother the title had been a huge part of who I was.  It directed what I did, what I ate, what I said. Now I was minus that title, or was I?  It's permanently engraved on my heart but the responsibilities have escaped.

So what's life like now?  After about the first month things slid right back into place.  I'm not even sure how it's possible to forget but I do!  I forget.  I forget that one short year ago I was pregnant. I forget that one short year ago this wild ride reached it's climax.  I forget on a regular basis.

Fast forwarding to the now...this my friends is where a new adventure begins.  What it will be...I'm not certain.  Where it will lead...who knows but Let's Go!  I could go on and on about the wonderful things that came from my surrogacy experience but my favorite (next to Graham himself of course) is the lesson to do less dreaming and more doing.  So that's exactly what I'm doing, changing all those I'd Love To into I DID!  

Full steam ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment