Tuesday, November 26, 2013

About our IPs...

When I finally decided to become a surrogate I always knews there could be a possibility that I could be matched with a couple that I didn't click right away with, or at all.  I knew that perhaps they wouldn't want much communication after the baby was born and that was something I would have to mentally and emotionally be prepared for.  Honestly, I thought I would be okay with that.  Now, I know that I was kidding myself. 
 
I've come across several surrogacy boards that I enjoy following and participating in.  The majority of the time the matches are great and you get to witness really amazing bonds form that I can really relate to.  Unfortunately, I've also witnessed matches that weren't so great and the surro is left feeling very hurt and for lack of better words "used and forgotten".  I want to believe with all my heart that it's never intentional.  It just happens.  The "process" is completed, baby is delivered, and contact is almost completely severed. 
 
I will forever be grateful for the IPs the hubs and I were given.  After birth, we will continue our journey and relationship for the rest of our lives.  This is the gift that they have given me.  The ability to watch Graham grow, laugh, walk, start school, graduate, marry, etc, etc, etc!  The list is endless and it's truly a gift that keeps on giving.   
 
E&G remind me daily in all the texts, emails, pics, and even letters how amazing our relationship really is.  I've never felt like anything less than their friend...actually it's more than that.  They have made us feel like family.  I received the following letter in the mail yesterday and it's the most amazing letter I've ever received.  I was torn on whether to laugh or cry as I read it.  I knew I had to share it, it's too good not to! 
 
 
 


 
E&G, 
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment