Friday, November 1, 2013

What Does the Hubs Say?

I feel like I should start a self help book for men whose wives are pregnant.  The idea hit me when the hubs made another one of his unintentionally insulting remarks.  I was trying to put my socks on and having a hard time reaching my feet.  Noticing my struggle he says, "Just imagine what it will feel like to be skinny again."  Seriously!!!  All I heard was, "man you're fat right now".  Nice one, dear.

The best part is watching him back pedal and stumble over his words when he realizes what he's just implied.  I'm fortunate enough to have a very playful, fun relationship with the hubs and we're able to laugh off just about anything.  So no, I didn't blacken his eye but I'm pretty certain he will think a little harder before he speaks next time.

But seriously, I'm going to try to keep track of all the things people say to me before thinking.  The filter must go out the window when talking to a pregnant woman.  Yes, I know I'm big.  Yes, it's slightly odd for a complete stranger to rub my belly.  Friends and family I do not mind, these are people I would hug anyway, so what's a little belly rub?  No biggie. 

And of course E&G get a free pass.  They can ask/say whatever they want and I would never be offended...(perks of being little man's mom & dad).   


* Edited *

I typed the above entry, logged out, and walked next door to grab some paperwork for payroll.  I kid you not, the very first words out of a male co-worker's mouth were, and I quote, "Well hello, pot belly".  Followed by laughter.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!!

What is wrong with people?!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment