Thursday, October 17, 2013

Changes

Lots of changes going on lately with this pregnancy.  Those wonderful Braxton Hicks contractions have started.  Don't worry, they're completely normal.  You can read more about them here.  They're completely painless but they definitely get my attention.  Too bad the ones during real labor couldn't be the same.  Those contractions are a level of pain that I cannot even express in words.  They made me puke.  Can you say epidural?!  Yes, please.   

The once soft, fluttery kicks are much stronger now.  I'm beginning to see not just kicks but actual movements.  The other night my stomach looked like a waterbed.  I wonder what little Baby B was up to.    

Everyday around 2:30 I hit a wall.  I'm overcome by a terrible case of drowsiness.  It's not the I sure could use a nap right now kind of sleepy.  It's the kind in which you feel like you've been up for 2 days straight without any sleep at all.  My head feels heavy and my eyelids want so badly to close.  My family used to walk from 7 pm to 7 am in the Relay 4 Life (cancer benefit walk) and that is the only time I can recall feeling this tired before. 

I'm really looking forward to the Holidays to help pass the time by.  It's a nice distraction from the timeline that still awaits.  It's great being over halfway there but knowing this baby won't be coming until 2014 makes it seem so distant still.  And of course it doesn't hurt to know the Holidays mean extra time with family and great food.  I love how Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year all seem to run together.  Remind me of this when Christmas starts to roll around and I'm stressing due to my guaranteed procrastination.            

Here's a pic from Halloween either 2011 or 2012, I can't recall.  The hubs (in black shirt) was Billy the Exterminator while I chose Where's Waldo.  Funny how well J's camo costume blended him in with the yard.  And that would be C, our oldest, on my right.  It's amazing how fast he has grown.  He is now taller than me! The rest of the gang is our wonderful nieces and nephew. 

We're working on ideas for 2013....

    

No comments:

Post a Comment