Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Weeklys

Today was my first weekly doctor visit.  It didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I was hoping for answers, something concrete to look forward to but left with nothing but uncertainty.  He checked for dilation but my cervix is completely closed.  He also searched for Graham's position but still isn't exactly sure how he's positioned.  He did say his head is not down where it needs to be for a vaginal birth and he hasn't dropped.  I was certain he had.  I feel lots of pressure and it's been a lot easier to breathe lately.  The only good news I received was that I am down 2 lbs from my last visit. 

I go back next Wednesday for a sonogram to see how Graham is laying.  I'm completely stumped as to how he's laying.  I get kicked or punched in the ribcage as well as the bladder so I don't know what he's up to.  If he's breached or any way other than head down he mentioned possibly being able to turn him or else a c-section (which I'm reaaaaally not wanting). 

With only three weeks left something will have to be decided fairly soon.  Whether it's an induction or a C-section, it will have to be scheduled before I go into labor on my own.  I guess we shall see. 

As for how I'm feeling...tired, very tired.  I can't sleep very well and it's taking it's toll.  Other than that, no other complaints.  It's been a pretty easy pregnancy and it's crazy to think that in merely a few days it will be over.

I know there are those out there curious as to how "the surrogate" responds after delivery.  I'm curious myself.  I don't have the answers but I can promise you this, I will keep it real.  I will blog about it and I won't sugarcoat things.  This blog has taken me this far and I have a feeling it will be taking me much further. 

No comments:

Post a Comment