Monday, July 1, 2013

Sick, sick, sick

I'm not sure what made me think this pregnancy would be anything like my others.  It isn't...and it hasn't been.  The morning sickness began over the weekend. Up until that point I could eat just about anything I wanted to.  Even the things that my stomach has always been sensitive to, they were now on the menu.  It was great.  But, it was short lived.  Sunday was the worst.  The hubs and I made it to church but it wasn't easy.  My stomach was empty but I was scared to eat.  Everything that sounded good also sound gross.  It's a nasty little game my stomach is playing on me.  Luckily I haven't been throwing up but due to my health history, it's pretty difficult for me to do so and it takes something like the flu to make me throw up.  I woke in the middle of the night last night certain I did have the flu.  I was chilled, achey and burning up.  Awesome.  Just how I wanted to start the work week.  I managed to get a few more hours of sleep and woke up feeling like my normal preggo self.  Slight nausea, flutterly stomach and bloated.  My IPs have been checking in on me and I'm very reluctant to share with them just exactly how bad I am feeling.  I don't want to worry them.  They sent our family a gc in the mail the other day to a really awesome Brazilian steakhouse.  I told the hubs, who cannot wait to get his "meat coma" on that we're probably going to have to wait until the second trimester so I can enjoy it as much as he intends to.  Poor guy has had me worried as he's not been feeling real great lately either.  He had his blood drawn today and he passed out.  Of course this is nothing out of the norm for him.  After all, this is the same guy that started passing out on me at the sonogram for our first born.  And when our youngest had to get an IV due to dehydration, it was the hubs the nurses had to lay down on the fire engine table.  Oh and when he had his vasectomy, yep...lights out!  I am hoping that he can make it through the ultrasound next week.  We will see...     

No comments:

Post a Comment